PROGNOSIA OFFERS HIGHTECH ELECTROTHERAPY IN GURGAON
Combination electrotherapy is a popular modality used in physical therapy and rehabilitation. Electrotherapy (also known as electrical muscle stimulation or e-stim) uses an electrical machine that delivers electrical impulses to a patient’s body. This stimulation is done in order to promote and facilitate muscle healing and tissue regeneration. Not only is electrotherapy a popular modality in physical therapy.
The unique modality found in the Intelect Advanced Therapy System allows for easy customization. Additional components that can be added to the Combo base now or later with a simple upgrade include EMG Biofeedback, 2 additional channels of stimulation, LASER therapy, Ultrasonic therapy, Combination therapy, vacuum therapy.
How It Benefits
- Electrotherapy is effective in the management of musculoskeletal conditions
- Used in physical therapy for relaxation of muscle spasms
- Prevention and retardation of disuse atrophy
- Increase in local blood circulation
- Muscle rehabilitation and re-education
- Maintaining and increasing range of motion
- Management of chronic and intractable pain
- Post-traumatic acute pain
- Post-surgical acute pain
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation of muscles to prevent venous thrombosis
- Improvement in the effectiveness in delivering prescription drugs-electromotive drug administration (EMDA)
- Shoulder Disorders – Adhesive Capsulitis, Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Chronic Wounds – Electrotherapy helps in wound healing pressure ulcers
- Chronic Pain – complex regional pain syndrome, Headaches
- Radiculopathy – Upper and lower spine disorders
- Musculoskeletal Disorders – epicondylitis, bone fractures, recovery from joint conditions
How It Works
- PROGNOSIA Electrotherapeutic devices can offer different therapeutic waveforms. An electrical stimulation device includes electrodes that are attached to the treatment area and when activated, the electrical energy of the device causes the muscles to contract. This contraction imitates the body’s natural movement during activity and can prevent muscular atrophy.
- The most common waveforms found in electrical stimulation are TENS, Russian, Interferential, Promogulated, Biphasic, High Voltage and Microcurrent. Each waveform has its own therapeutic benefits, so many devices may offer the practitioner multiple waveforms in order to offer them the most use across the diverse patient.