Best Manual Therapy in Gurgaon
Best Manual Therapy in Gurgaon: Manual therapy has a long history within the profession of physical therapy and physical therapists have greatly contributed to the current diversity in manual therapy approaches and techniques. Mechanical explanations were historically used to explain the mechanisms by which manual therapy interventions worked, new research reveals intricate neurophysiologic mechanisms are also at play and the beneficial psychological effects of providing hands-on examination and intervention should not be ignored.
The International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT) defines manual therapy techniques as: “Skilled hand movements intended to produce any or all of the following effects: improve tissue extensibility; increase range of motion of the joint complex; mobilize or manipulate soft tissues and joints; induce relaxation; change muscle function; modulate pain; and reduce soft tissue swelling, inflammation or movement restriction
How It Works
Treatment may include moving joints in specific directions and at different speeds to regain movement (joint mobilization and manipulation), muscle stretching, passive movements of the affected body part, or having the patient move the body part against the therapist’s resistance to improve muscle activation and timing. Selected specific soft tissue techniques may also be used to improve the mobility and function of tissue and muscles.”
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Active Release Techniques: A practitioner determines where adhesions are through touch, the practitioner then couples a patient’s active movement with his/her touch.
- Assisted Active Range of Motion (AAROM)
- Passive Range of Motion
- Lymph Drainage
- Stretches (muscle, neural tissue, joints, fascia)
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Joint Manipulation: A passive, high velocity, low amplitude thrust applied to a joint complex within its anatomical limit* with the intent to restore optimal motion, function, and/ or to reduce pain.
- Joint Mobilization: A manual therapy technique comprising a continuum of skilled passive movements to the joint complex that are applied at varying speeds and amplitudes, that may include a small-amplitude/ high velocity therapeutic movement (manipulation) with the intent to restore optimal motion, function, and/ or to reduce pain.
Major Area Covered in Manual Therapy
- Elbow Mobilizations
- Wrist/Hand Mobilizations
- Hip Mobilizations
- Knee Mobilizations
- Ankle and Foot Mobilization
- Spinal Manipulation
- Shoulder Mobilizations and Manipulation
- Cervicothoracic Manipulation
Best Manual Therapy in Gurgaon at Prognosia, Best Multi-speciality and Best Manual Therapy clinic in Gurgaon. Call Now @ 9990-270-100 for Book Appointment with world-class physiotherapists in Gurgaon.