Importance Of Physiotherapy When It Comes To Chronic Pain!
Physiotherapy has worked wonders in treating different muscular, bone and joint issues. When it comes to chronic pain management, nothing can beat physiotherapy in helping the patient to combat the pain and live a healthy lifestyle.
What is chronic pain?
Before we understand how to manage chronic pain effectively and live a healthy lifestyle without any frustration, let us understand what chronic pain is.
Chronic pain refers to a condition when a patient suffers from pain for an abnormally long time. In case of soft tissues injury, patients usually have to bear the pain for a couple of weeks or months. If the pain continues for four to six months and even more then it can be characterized as chronic pain. This chronic pain is not only frustrating but it obstructs many daily chores in the life of the patient. If such pains are not addressed correctly, they can prove to be devastating.
According to most pain-relieving specialists, when a person in suffering from chronic pain then healers give more emphasis on reducing the pain rather than treating the root cause of the pain. Because of the approach patient is either given a pain killer, massage or treatments like acupuncture. But effects of such treatments usually wear off soon and they cannot be considered as a long-term solution to the problem.
How physiotherapy can help in chronic pain management?
Physiotherapy adopts a holistic approach in the treatment of chronic pain. Physiotherapists in Gurgaon work in association with doctors and psychologists to not only relieving the patient from chronic pain but to improve the patient’s overall quality of life.
When you see a physiotherapist in Gurgaon, he or she will study your case and then devise a treatment plan after a detailed discussion with you and your family.
Some of the highlights of physiotherapy in the treatment of chronic pain are discussed below.
- The physiotherapist will employ various methods of manipulating the affected area and mobilising the soft tissue of that place. It will play an important role in increasing flexibility and restoring the elasticity of the soft tissues.
- Apart from that, they will also give manual therapy, electrotherapy, hydrotherapy or laser treatment to the affected area as per the requirement and endurance of the patient.
- Some physiotherapists also incorporate acupuncture/ needling as a part of the entire treatment program.
- Apart from these physical treatment techniques, physiotherapists also employ various relaxation techniques such as meditation and breathing exercises to relax the nervous tension of the patient. These relaxation techniques also help the patient to have a better quality of sleep which is, in turn, helpful in relieving the pain.
- Physiotherapists make sure that the patient has the right equipment such as the right shoes, office chair, stretching belt etc. for correction of the posture of the patient.
PROGNOSIA is one of the most renowned Physiotherapy clinics in Gurgaon. At Prognosia physical therapist uses state of the art technologies, machines and equipment to relieve chronic pain of the patients, strengthen his or her muscles and joints and improve the flexibility of the person.